This is a vase I made and we finished it with a firing technique called horsehair...Basically you heat the pots up to 1700 degrees and then you bring them out and lay horsehair on the hot pot and it burns into the surface....It's pretty freaken cool.
This we finished with a crackle glaze...you put the glaze on...heat it to 1700 degrees and then pull it out and blow in it and the glaze starts to crack then you put it in a trashcan filled with newspaper and it lights that on fire and you put the lid on so the smoke will fill the cracks...and voila...you have an awesome crackle effect on your pot.
This is my favorite pot....I made it and hand carved it. To get them jet black you heat them like the first two and then you just pull them out of the fire and into a burning trash can to smoke the clay until it turns black. I love this one...
And the BEFORE: Waffle Teapot
And AFTER.
And the BEFORE: Pineapple Picture
And AFTER: With the pineapple tumblers
I have had so much fun in this class. I am taking the advanced class this summer and from then on I am eligible to just pay studio time and I can go in the studio and use all the stuff to make whatever I want....I'm super excited...cause this is my new hobby and I don't plan on stopping....it's the most relaxing thing...I tell ya...with a life as busy as mine...it's nice to take some time and do something so relaxing and rewarding.
1 comment:
All of your work is fabulous and I love it, but I must say that the pineapple is my very super favorite- I love,love, love it!!!
Post a Comment